Tucson Solar Hot Water Heater Installation
Certified & Highly-Trained Southern Arizona Solar Professionals
Installing a solar water heater is one of the easiest ways to get the sun to work for you and conserve our valuable natural resources. Let The Solar Store help you save money on your water bill! When properly installed, a solar hot water system can reduce your hot water costs by 40-80%, depending upon water consumption. In addition, when a solar hot water system is combined with an electric water heater, pollutant emissions are reduced by about 2,800 pounds per year. A solar system replacing natural gas will reduce pollution by 1,200 to 1,600 pounds annually.
Solar Water Heaters in Tucson
The Types of Solar Water Heaters:
- Passive - The passive system consists of a water container on the roof that preheats the water prior to entering the water heater. A passive system is usually combined with a natural gas water heater, which is used as a backup during the cloudier periods and when hot water use increases.
- Active - The active system consists of a roof-mounted collector with a special 80-gallon solar water heater. Environmentally-safe glycol is exchanged through the solar collector, which then passes through an internal heat exchanger in the 80 gallon tank. For the cooler months and during high water use periods, the electrical element in the middle of the water heater provides backup heat.
How Our Designers Place Hot Solar Water
Typically, a solar hot water system would be installed on the roof, facing south at about a 40 degree angle. If you have a flat roof, the collector can usually be placed toward the center of the structure, therefore reducing the line of sight from the street or other homes.
Switching to solar hot water is an important decision that should not be taken lightly. As homeowners, we want you to make informed decisions about your property, which is why we explain the usual steps that go into the installation process.
Six Steps to Solar Hot Water Installation:
- Place solar collectors on the roof
- Install the heat exchanger and storage links
- Install piping systems that will move the antifreeze fluid
- Put in place the water transport pipes
- Install the control system that will control the solar hot water
- Insulate the parts of the solar hot water system
Our certified and licensed team, with nearly 2 decades of experience, can provide your home or business with energy-efficient and attractive solar solutions. Keeping in mind everything from your comfort, the appearance of your home, and the unique factors of your environment, we can design a solution for your property that provides the best in solar installation.
Call The Solar Store at (520) 332-6535 today to get started with your solar hot water heater installation in Southern Arizona!